Top WordPress Security Plugins To Check Hacked Blog
WordPress is a PHP & MySql database based CMS & it’s mostly targeted by attacker.There are many WordPress plugins which are very useful to stop WordPress hacking. so I have created a list of Top WordPress Security Plugins which will help you to protect your blog from hacking.
i have already explained how hacked WordPress themes harm your blog and why you should not download and use free premium WordPress themes. but many bloggers trap and download WordPress premium stuff from unreliable sources in free. In most of the cases, you will not even realise that your blog is hacked and hacker will be passing unwanted link juice to spam site or using it for other unethical uses.Anyways, we will keep on discussion for some other time and for now, we will look into some of the top WordPress security plugins which can secure WordPress blog .When we talk about WordPress security, we suggest some basic security tips like use WordPress backup plugins, implement recaptcha , secure WordPress directory browsing.At times, it’s impossible to do all these tasks. These mentioned security plugins for WordPress will be helping you by taking care of all basic and advanced WordPress security measures.
List of Top WordPress Security Plugins
Wordfence Security is 100% free and open-source security software supported by a large team dedicated exclusively to WordPress security. A deep set of features makes Wordfence the most comprehensive WordPress security solution available:
- Firewall blocks complex and brute force attacks
- Security Scan alerts you quickly in the event of a security issue
- Threat Defense Feed keeps Wordfence up to date with the latest security data
- Robust login security features
- Configurable security alerts
- Gain insight into traffic and hack attempts
- Security incident recovery tools
The Sucuri Security WordPress plugin is free to all WordPress users. It is a security suite meant to complement your existing security posture. It offers its users a set of security features for their website, each designed to have a positive affect on their security posture:
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
WordPress itself is a very secure platform. However, it helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site by using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices.
The All In One WordPress Security plugin will take your website security to a whole new level.
This plugin is designed and written by experts and is easy to use and understand.
It reduces security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the latest recommended WordPress security practices and techniques.
- Run a Complete Scan to automatically remove known security threats and backdoor scripts.
- Firewall block SoakSoak and other malware from exploiting Revolution Slider and other plugins from known vulnerabilites.
- Upgrade vulnerable versions of timthumb scripts.
- Download Definition Updates to protect against new threats.
- Patch your wp-login and XMLRPC to block Brute-Force and DDoS attacks.
- Check the integrity of your WordPress Core files.
- Automatically download new Definition Updates when running a Complete Scan.
Acunetix WP Security plugin is a free and comprehensive security tool that helps you secure your WordPress
installation and suggests corrective measures for: securing file permissions, security of the database, version hiding,
WordPress admin protection and lots more.
Acunetix WP Security checks your WordPress website/blog for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions such as:
- File permissions
- Database security
- Version hiding
- WordPress admin protection/security
- Removes WP Generator META tag from core code