Top 10 WordPress Security Plugins ( Free Security plugin)
WordPress is currently the most popular and widely used blogging platform in the world. It’s being used by millions of people World Wide. Because of this reason, hackers, spammers, attackers are also taking interest in breaking the security of the WordPress blogs.
Do you know how to make sure your WordPress site is secure? Let us Secure your WordPress site easy.
Top 10 WordPress Security Plugin
Wordfence Security is 100% free and open-source security software supported by a large team dedicated exclusively to WordPress security. A deep set of features makes Wordfence the most comprehensive WordPress security solution available:
- Firewall blocks complex and brute force attacks
- Security Scan alerts you quickly in the event of a security issue
- Threat Defense Feed keeps Wordfence up to date with the latest security data
- Robust login security features
- Configurable security alerts
- Gain insight into traffic and hack attempts
- Security incident recovery tools
The Sucuri Security WordPress plugin is free to all WordPress users. It is a security suite meant to complement your existing security posture. It offers its users a set of security features for their website, each designed to have a positive affect on their security posture:
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
WordPress itself is a very secure platform. However, it helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site by using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices.
The All In One WordPress Security plugin will take your website security to a whole new level.
This plugin is designed and written by experts and is easy to use and understand.
It reduces security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the latest recommended WordPress security practices and techniques.
- Run a Complete Scan to automatically remove known security threats and backdoor scripts.
- Firewall block SoakSoak and other malware from exploiting Revolution Slider and other plugins from known vulnerabilites.
- Upgrade vulnerable versions of timthumb scripts.
- Download Definition Updates to protect against new threats.
- Patch your wp-login and XMLRPC to block Brute-Force and DDoS attacks.
- Check the integrity of your WordPress Core files.
- Automatically download new Definition Updates when running a Complete Scan.
Acunetix WP Security plugin is a free and comprehensive security tool that helps you secure your WordPress
installation and suggests corrective measures for: securing file permissions, security of the database, version hiding,
WordPress admin protection and lots more.
Acunetix WP Security checks your WordPress website/blog for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions such as:
- File permissions
- Database security
- Version hiding
- WordPress admin protection/security
- Removes WP Generator META tag from core code
iThemes Security gives you over 30 and more ways to safe & secure your WordPress site. On average, 35,000 new websites are hacking each day. WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin , weak passwords and obsolete software.
so With one-click activation for most features, as well as advanced features for experienced users, iThemes Security may help protect any WordPress site.
WP Antivirus Site Protection is for security plugin in WordPress to detect and remove malware viruses and buggy codes. It detects: backdoor, rootkits, Trojan horses, worms, fraudtools, adware, spyware, hidden links, redirection and etc.
WP-DBManager database plugin allows us to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries. It’s also supports automatic scheduling of backing up, optimizing and repairing of database.
BulletProof WordPress Security plugin Pro secures your ‘wp-admin’ folder and Root of website folder with a single click only. It offer’s security against all CSRF, Base64, XSS, RFI, SQL Injection and Code Injection hacking trials. one more useful maintenance feature is also added that allows developers to put up a “503 under maintenance” page while the site-owner works on their website maintenance mode.