How To Make submit sitemaps to Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Ask.com
After successfully creating a sitemap for your website, the sitemap must be submitted to webmaster tool to help webmaster bots to verify ownership and find pages to be Crawl and which part has to skip in search engine results. This article will provide users with information and steps one should take to submit the sitemap to search engine sites. Submitting to Google, Bing, and Yahoo separately is worth it and does not take much time.
How to Submitting sitemaps to Google Webmaster
The first step is to verify the site. Google will not accept any sitemap without approving the site it is designated for initially.
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools same as you logged in your Gmail account ( You can use existing Gmail account username, password )
- Now Click on “Add a Property” and submit the URL to Google site in the pop-up box. Then press Add to success.
- On the page that opens afterward, press the radio button right after “Add Meta Tag.”
- Copy the Meta tag from the highlighted box. We’ll use this later ( have to place this code on your site page).
- Open a new tab in the browser and open the site you wish to verify.
- Press “More Actions” and click “Manage the Site” from the list.
- Click the General from the tabs which are located right under Site Setting tab.
- Now the Meta tag copied from the instructions box should be pasted in the place right next to Verification.
- Save the changes.
- Go to Webmaster Tools where the Meta tag was copied from.
- Press Verify.
The second step is to submit the sitemap to the google:
- Go to Webmaster Tools site.
- Select the site of the sitemap.
- Click Site Configuration-> Sitemaps.
- Click Add/Test Sitemap which is located in the top right corner.
- In the box that pops up, paste the following code:
- Submit the sitemap.
The sitemap is now successfully submitted.
How to Submitting sitemaps to Bing Webmaster Tool
Bing webmaster tool is a popular webmaster About 14% of searches in Canada are done on Bing. Just under 50% of Google searches are from the US, so unlike Bing, whenever you have submitted for google webmaster tool also submit the sitemap to Bing webmaster.
- Log in to Bing Webmaster Tool.
- if have no Microsoft Live account then create first then login to Bing webmaster account
- Navigate to Bing Master Center.
- Click on “Add a Site” the URL along with your sitemap’s URL. Afterwards, press Add Site.
- Enter site names as “http://www.solutionshint.com” and sitemap as “http://www.solutionshint.com/sitemap.xml” and click on Add button.
- Now need to verify ownership same as google webmaster tool.
- Click on “Configure My Site” and then click on “Verify Ownership” button you will get autogenerated meta tag by Bing webmaster
- Reference Code: <meta name=”msvalidate.01″ content=”4a7ED91C9B9B3FFF42CC7EED042DFBABC” />
- Go to your site find themes header file and paste code just above </head> tag.
- again come back to bing page of Verify ownership and click to successfully verify.
How Submitting Sitemaps to Ask.com
As we know the ask.com doesn’t allow users to submit URL like another webmaster tool it only allow us to submit sitemap to ask.com you can submit ask.com from here http://submissions.ask.com/ping sitemap=http://<The Domain Name>/sitemapxml.aspx
So you can submit to Asm.com that may help to increase your organic searched that will really help to boost up your business with ask.com, we should not skip of this popular search engine to the submit sitemap.
***Important Update: Yahoo Site Explorer has been replaced by Bing Webmaster Tools So now Only submit the sitemap to Bing.