How To Write SEO-Optimized Articles in WordPress: 2018 Edition
In this tutorial, I will guide you about How To Write SEO-Optimized Articles in WordPress.one
of the best way to gain more traffic in a short time is the search engine friendly article or post will really boost up your Google ranking and help to drive more traffic to your blog.
So I will share some tips that will really help to write SEO optimized blog post and also will help to google search engine ranking, and also will explain about some expected reason for which we drop quality content.
What is The Reason For The Drop in Quality Content?
- To run a blog with multiple authors, which may drop the quality of content.
- To maintain the blog frequency every time we start skipping right keyword density for the blog post.
- Always follow the SEO checklist Wherever write a perfect article for your blog.
- Quality may drop due to the lack of knowledge.
- Always follow the SEO checklist with quality content too not only frequency ” how many articles you are writing every day”. Its important write only one article with quality content that may rank in google search to drive more traffic.
Q 1. How to calculate keyword density?
How to Write SEO Optimized Article For The Blog?
1. Post Title and Meta Title
Fist important thing understands actual difference between post title and meta title.
Post Title: Post title is your article entrance pint (Heading tag H1), that every blogger use as heading tag of their post.
Meta Title: Meta title always be shown in Google search engine result of your post.
Important Tips – Always use focus keyword in post title and post title should be between 50–60 characters.
Tips 2: Always use heading tag H1 tag for post title.
2. Meta Description
If you are using SEO Yoast plugin for WordPress blog then meta description automatically fill from your post if you will not enter a custom meta description for your post.
- Tips for Meta Description: so we recommend descriptions between 50–300 characters.
- Always use a summary of your blog post.
- Use focus keyword in Meta description.
3. Image ALT Attribute (Tag)
Whenever we write the article we never used alt tag for our article because of site loading speed. but one thing forgot about google. Google cant read image without alt tag.
Tips for Alt Tag:
- Never skip alt tag for you post
- Use the keyword in Alt tag because Google gives priority to alt tag.
- Always provide image description
- Try to use the friendly name for the image not like (image20x50.jpg). because some time WordPress generate image name automatically and blog use with the same name.
- Use proper image name for like webmaster-tool.jpg.
- Separate image name with a hyphen (-).
- Never include special character in image name.
- Try use .jpg format image in Post article.
- Use optimized image for the blog post.
4. Article Internal Linking
When we write a new article or post its really great idea to link one article with another article in your blog post. that is really useful for google algorithm and also increase the chance of ranking and bounce rate of your website.
5. Post URL
When we write an article, we make mistake with permalink structure that is really bad practice. However, start to write article decide your permalink and try to stop words in Permalink.
Quick Link: List of Stop Words
Tips 1: Always make URL user-friendly, Google prefer short URL for better ranking.
Tips 2: Use the keyword in the permalink.
Tips 3: Separate page-name with a hyphen(-) not with an underscore(_) and special character like ([email protected]#$%&).
6. Article Length
Sometimes we do not mention the length of an article. In some cases, we have not much to write about the article and miss very important thing for google aspect (i.e article length).
Note: Article length should be minimum 300 characters or more than 800 charter.
7. Article Heading
Every blogger and content writers know the importance of heading tag for the blog post. so whenever we start to write an article always focus on the article heading tag, because Google also rank your post based on heading tag. So use proper heading tag for you post like (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6).
Tips 1: Always use H1 tag for your post heading.
Tips 2: Include keyword in Heading tag.
Tips 3: Create use friendly heading for a blog post.
Hope this will help to Write SEO Friendly post.