How to Prepare for JEE Main 2019
For JEE Main, over 2 lakh students come to participate from all parts of the country. And, about 1 lakh students are selected to continue the admission process. Also, the difficulty level of the question paper is increasing every year. To mark yourself among the top 1 lakh students then one has to work really hard. A very simple process to make the study easy is given below.
- The foremost step is to make two timetables. One timetable distributes the daily chores and the second time-table date wise distributes the syllabus.
- The time management in the first timetable is very crucial because you have to keep the study hours in priority. Also, there should be frequent intervals in between of the study hours.
- The second time-table will contain the topics you want to cover till what date. One topic should not take more than 2 days to study.
- Once, the syllabus is completed the remaining dates have to be allotted for practicing the mock test papers.
- You have to be regular with the timetable. Otherwise, there will be a lag in completing the preparation before the exam.
Selection of Topics
- The exam consists of two papers. Paper 1 and Paper 2. The Preparation for Paper 1 has to be started first.
- Since all the topics in Paper 1 (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) were covered in the senior secondary education, it is advised to study those topics first that the students find difficult. After completing the difficult topics, you may shift on to the easy topics.
- Paper 2 is completely an Aptitude based exam, therefore it will basically test your analytical intelligence and creativity.
- Mathematics should be the first option to start for the preparation because mathematics contains the trickiest questions.
- It is always good to complete the Theory first. Complete the theory part in each topic and then start with the calculations. Many topics in Physics such as Gravitation, Law of Motion, etc are Theory based topics.
- Since the calculator is not allowed in the exam hall it is important that the students make their mental calculation strong and quick.
- Don’t sit with one topic for a long time because you have to cover many topics before the commencement of the exam.
- Start with the basics and step-by-step increase the level of the questions.
- Reference books for the exam:
Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov, Elements of Dynamics by S.L.Loney, Concepts of
Physics by H.C Verma, Fundamentals of Physics Resnick, Halliday Walker, Organic Chemistry by
Paula Bruice Yurkanis, Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee, Differential Calculus by Arihant, Integral
Calculus by Arihant, R.D. Sharma. Also, study from the school level course books.
- Make notes and diagrams for each topic according to your understanding. Read the written notes every day before beginning to study.
- Mark those topics which you are unable to understand. The next day, start studying those marked topics first. Also, start with the basics of that particular chapter.
- An in-depth knowledge of the syllabus will help you to crack the trickiest questions.
- After the syllabus is completed, practice as many Mock Test Papers you can.
- Follow the allotted time limit for the exam while practicing the mock test paper. This will improve your speed and increase your effectiveness.
- The more you study the Mock Papers the more you will understand the pattern of the examination.
Look after the Health!
- JEE Main 2019 is a competition between more than 2 lakh students that’s why a student cannot study if he/she is unwell. Therefore:
- Eat Right, Exercise, and Drink lots of water.
Take proper breaks and Sleep for at least 8 hours every day.