How To Minimize WordPress Database Size To Improve Blog Performance ( Beginner’s Level Guide)
In this tutorial i will explain “How To Minimize WordPress Database Size To Improve Blog Performance” , to improve in performance , i always should keep in mind that WordPress database should be optimize for Search Engine Optimization too .
There are two important Way to Host WordPress installation .
1. WordPress stored on your server
2. WordPress database
It’s an important for you to keep clean your WordPress database and reduce the size from time to time.
Over time, your WordPress database has many redundant (unused) tables, unused records, and have many entries which you can remove without affecting your blog.This process must do for every WordPress user to keep the size of their database at a minimum and keep their WordPress blog loading quickly .This will help reduce the load on your server and your WordPress performance will improve dramatically.
” These are some popular plugin to Optimize WordPress Database to improve the performance .”
How To Minimize WordPress Database Size To Improve Blog Performance
- Remove unused plugin and Theme from blog .
- Clear Trash, Draft posts from your post with if they are unused .
- Remove unused pages from WordPress Blog .
- Remove Trash, Spam from the blog .
- If you have installed Akismet plugin so please remove & delete unused table from database .
- Drop or Empty Unused Database Table .
- Query for remove unused , table are bellow just run that query in databse ,
- Query 1 : DELETE FROM wp_commentmeta WHERE comment_id NOT IN (SELECT comment_id FROM wp_comments);
DELETE FROM wp_commentmeta WHERE meta_key LIKE ‘% akismet %’;
- Query 2 : DELETE FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key = “_edit_lock”;
DELETE FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key = “_edit_last”;
- Remove All rar & zip Files from the server , its takes to much space on server so keep in mind after extract of rar & zip file delete for database performance .
- Optimize the Image for the post , its really increase the size of database , so use optimized image in the articles.
- Use online free tools to optimize all images http://optimizilla.com/.
Step 1 : Empty Drafts, Trash from blog .
Step 2 : Remove Unused page from blog .
Step 3 : Remove Unused plugin from blog .
Step 4 : Done !!