In this tutorial, I will guide you “How to manually install WordPress on Localhost Ubuntu” for Lamp server, to install WordPress is really easy and simple, first need install Lamp Server and then download & install the latest version of WordPress from the official site and extract download from official site.
How to manually install WordPress on Localhost Ubuntu
If you planned to work on WordPress for blogging then it’s really great, to start set up WordPress locally you need to download latest version of WordPress download from official site.
Follow These Steps To install WordPress on Localhost Ubuntu
- Go to WordPress official site and download latest version WordPress from here.
- Find the Downloaded file of Word press ( Zip) file extract them and rename according to your blog.
- Go to Document Root “var/www/html/sitename” .
- Go to PHPMyAdmin by entering ” localhost/phpmyadmin” in the browser .
- Click on the database then create database name for your blog.
- Provide the name of the database for your blog ( wordpress_test).
- You can create your database name as per your project.
- Now go to the browser and run as ” localhost/mysitename “.
- Enter your information on your blog and Save changes.
- Enter your admin related information and click on complete.
- Successfully you have installed WordPress on localhost Ubuntu server.
WordPress Localhost Installation guide on Ubuntu With Screenshot
Screenshot 1: Enter into PHPMyAdmin using Database credential.
Screenshot 2: Click on a database to create database name.
Screenshot 3: Fill all site-related information
Screenshot 4: Fill all admin related information
Screenshot 5: Successfully installed.
Notes: Run your site in browser as localhost/sitename
In next article, we will cover following topics
- How to Download & install WordPress theme online
- How to Download & install WordPress plugin
- Basic steps should be followed just by setup WordPress
- How to install WordPress on Localhost Xampp server ( Beginner’s Guide )
Congratulation You have successfully installed WordPress on Localhost Ubuntu.