How to install WordPress on Localhost Xampp Server ( Beginner’s Guide )
WordPress is a really great platform for blogging, and if you are one of them who try to new things on your WordPress blog, it’s always a good idea to get a local installation of WordPress on your system. You can use it to try new WordPress plugin, making changes in your theme and many more task.
To run WordPress locally need to download & install Xampp on your computer then you can run your WordPress application install and run on your computer.
How to install WordPress on Localhost Xampp Server
If you planned to work on WordPress for blogging then it’s really great, to start set up WordPress locally you need to download the latest version of WordPress from the official site.
Follow These Steps to install WordPress on Localhost Xampp Server
- Go to WordPress official site and download latest version WordPress from there.
- Find the Downloaded file of Word press ( Zip) file extract them and rename according to your blog.
- Go to Document Root “C:/xampp/htdocs/mysite/” .
- Go to phpmyadmin by entering ” localhost/phpmyadmin” in the browser.
- Click on the database then create database name for your blog.
- Provide the name of the database for your blog ( wordpress_test).
- You can create your database name as per your project.
- Now go to the browser and run as ” localhost/mysitename “.
- Enter your information on your blog and Save changes.
- Enter your admin related information and click on complete.
- Successfully you have installed WordPress on localhost Xampp server.
WordPress Localhost Installation guide With Screenshot
Screenshot 1: Enter into PhpMyadmin using Database credential.
Screenshot 2: Click on a database to create database name.
Screenshot 3: Fill all site-related information
Screenshot 4: Fill all admin related information
Screenshot 5: Successfully installed.
Notes: Run your site to browser as localhost/sitename
In next article, we will cover following topics
- How to Download & install WordPress theme online
- How to Download & install WordPress plugin
- Basic steps should be followed just by setup WordPress
Congratulation You have successfully installed WordPress on Localhost.