How to Create Custom Filed in WordPress Post ( Beginner Guide )
Whenever we talk about about custom filed in the WordPress , we think how to create Custom Field and why need to create custom filed in the WordPress , So its really it’s simpler than you think .
If you have familiar with WordPress codding and development then it’s really easy to create Custom Filed for your post and custom post . But if are non – technical and want to create custom filed using custom built plugin , then using that plugin you will able to “create custom filed in your in post and custom post of WordPress ” .
Why Need to Create Custom Filed in WordPress ?
Following are reason to create custom field in your post and custom filed of WordPress
- WordPress supports Title , Description , and Featured image .
- If you want some extra filed in post then required custom filed .
- if you want country filed in all post , then required one more text filed.
- The Extra filed for your post is said custom field.
How to Create Custom Field in WordPress Post and Custom Post ?
If you are beginner and you have knowledge about WordPress plugin development and code theme development so it’s really easy to create Custom Filed for your post .
” Perform following action to create custom filed in WordPress without any codding and development Knowledge in simple and easy steps “
- Download and install plugin Advanced Custom Fields from WordPress.org .
- Activate the plugin to proceed custom field .
- Click on ->Custom Fields from WordPress Admin menu list after activation .
- Click on Custom Field -> Add New button .
- Create filed Group ( it’s as per your identification ) .
- Click post type for which you want to create custom filed ( i have selected post because i am creating custom field for our post .
- Click on Publish button to create custom filed for your post .
Explanation with Graphical Representation
Screenshot 1 )
Screenshot 2 )
Screenshot 3 )
Plugin Information & Download Path
Name : Advanced Custom Fields
Type : Free
Download Link : Download Advanced Custom Fields