Basic Steps Should Be Follow Just After Setup WordPress
In this tutorial, I am going to explain some ” Basic steps should be followed just after setup WordPress installation ” in the beginning before start blogging. These are really basic but most important for the WordPress blog . some setting are really will help for the SEO purpose and also with WordPress standard.
In the previous post, I covered WordPress download & installation guide and theme installation.
” Follow WordPress basic Steps Guide”.
- First and most important are Setting > permalinks structure, by default WordPress, the permalink is localhost/wordpress/?id=12 these are not beneficial to SEO.
- Check on post name radio button and Save Changes after that permalink structure.
- Now you permalink will look like localhost/WordPress/hello-world.
- Go to Setting > General change the tagline ( Default are Just another WordPress site).
- Change the role of WordPress Registration if you want ( By default are the subscriber).
- Change the Front page displays setting, we have to set blog home page and blog page.
- Change Default article settings, it’s used for pingbacks some time its annoy because pingbacks comment on self-post during post and writing the article.
Basic Steps Should Be Followed Just after WordPress Setup
Step 1: Check on post name and save changes.
Step 2: Change the tagline and New User Default Role if want another Role at a time of registration.
Step 3: Change the Front page display Setting & check discourage search engine if you don’t want crawl site page during development.
Step 4: Change the Front page display Setting & check discourage search engine if you don’t want crawl site page during development.
Congratulation you have successfully set your essential setting for WordPress blog.