A default WordPress doesn’t offer SEO friendly URLs so we start blogging without changing permalinks because WordPress has inbuilt functionality where you can change the permalinks structure according to your choice and URLs become user-friendly, so if you are one of them who doesn’t know how to change the permalinks structure in WordPress Blog. So, I have explained a quick guide about Basic Steps Should Be Follow Just After Setup WordPress so that you can start blog posting SEO friendly from the beginning of the day.
Learn Basic WordPress Theme installation
Follow WordPress basic Steps Guide
- First and most important are Setting » permalinks structure, by default WordPress, the permalink is localhost/wordpress/?id=12 these are not beneficial to SEO.
- Check on post name radio button and Save Changes after that permalink structure.
- Now your permalink will look like localhost/WordPress/hello-world.
- Go to Setting » General change the tagline ( Default are Just another WordPress site).
- Change the role of WordPress Registration if you want ( By default are the subscriber).
- Change the Front page displays setting, we have to set a blog home page and blog page.
- Change Default article settings, it’s used for pingbacks some time its annoy because pingbacks comment on self-post during post and writing the article.
Basic Steps Should Be Followed Just after WordPress Setup
Step 1: change from default permalinks to SEO friendly URLs, so change by clicking Settings » permalinks from left sidebar from the WordPress admin dashboard.
Now After changing the permalinks from plane to post name
Step 2: Change the tagline and New User Default Role if want another Role at a time of registration.
Step 3: Change the Front page display Setting & check to discourage search engine if you don’t want crawl site page during development.
Step 4: Change the Front page display Setting & check to discourage search engine if you don’t want crawl site page during development.
Congratulation you have successfully set your essential setting for WordPress blog.